Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A challenging day

Abigail was a little challenging today.

First, she wanted nothing to do with her breakfast. So we caved and finally set the plate on the coffee table desperate to get her to eat something to start off her day.
Then, I ran an errand with a friend this morning so daddy took Abby to the park. When they returned home, she was refusing to lay down for her nap, constantly claiming she needed to potty. But she'd sit there forever and nothing would happen. I think someone was delaying her nap on purpose ;).
After sleeping for a solid three hours, she woke up very emotional. She couldn't seem to pull it together. She even passed out from crying so hard because mean-old-mommy put clothes on her! After that whole ordeal, we went to the beach and had a great couple of hours.
When we got home a little later, she again decided that she wasn't going to eat dinner. We ended up showering and relaxing later, and that was wonderful. We also got to video chat with my sister, which was great.  But the poor girl decided to cry when I said it was time for bed (which is very unusual for her). Honestly, I considered bringing her into my bed and letting her sleep with me. We never do that, but it was awfully tempting! But I was in so much pain & I haven't been sleeping well, so I needed to get her down so that I could relax and try to feel some relief. 

Days like these can be challenging, but they also remind me of how great I have it most days. These days are rare for us. We are extremely Blessed to have a happy and pretty easy-going kiddo. She's always very strong-willed and can be a bit stubborn, but I wouldn't change that for the world. I think she's going to grow up to do great things and I'm excited to watch with pride. 

Oh, and did I mention that tonight was the second night in a row that as I'm walking out of her room at bedtime, I've overheard her saying, "thank you Jesus." MELTS MY HEART! How precious is that?! I must be doing something right :).


No comments:

Post a Comment