Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My payment

It's 3am and I am unable to sleep. I'm uncomfortable, my back hurts, and my heartburn is really acting up...pregnancy sure can be glamorous ;).

I read an article a bit ago about stay-at-home mom's and their "worth." It talked about how a lot of stay-at-home mom's feel the need to compare their days and hours to day cares and such to show "the money they are saving them and how valuable their time is."

It got me thinking...isn't my time at home with Abigail payment in itself? Getting to be there when she says each new word or phrase, being there hug and kiss her when she feels pride in achieving something that she feels is worth celebrating, and being her rock for when she's needing a little extra TLC. There's timess where out of nowhere, for no apparant reason, all she wants is to snuggle on my lap. Although I know Dan loves his job, I also know that he would kill to have some of these special moments with her. Time is something we can never get back. As each moment passes, we're all getting older and we can only look back on the memories we've made. I am so grateful that I'm able to stay at home at this point in our life and raise our daughter. Being her "person" in life right now is worth more to me than any amount of money.

I love my little girl :)


No comments:

Post a Comment