Saturday, April 2, 2016

Shoutout to my Folks :)

Today is one of those days that I'm feeling extra thankful. 

I am so grateful to have two parents in my life that have always taught me to stay positive, stay strong, and to do everything with optimism, love, and a joyful attitude. My parents have been extremely supportive of my life and I am so grateful for that. 

When I wanted to pursue something in school, they supported me. When I wanted to get a new job, they were happy for me. When I got married, they made sure to make that one of the best days of my life. And when I had Abigail, they were her biggest fans and made me feel so proud of what I had created and accomplished. They still make me feel like I'm a great mother and wife, and their validation means so much to me. Having their support with this pregnancy has been a Blessing, too. I love that they trust in Dan and I to make our own decisions, and are there beside us if we ever need them. I'm so thankful to have grown up in a stable household with a family that loved and supported me in each stage of life. They are still this way with both my sister and I. Having role models like that in life sure makes being a mother easier. If Abigail and Isabelle grow up respecting and adoring me half as much as I do my own mother, I will be so happy.



Not only are they great parents, they are wonderful grandparents. Abigail loves them so much, and I know Isabelle will too :). Whether it's a quick "hello" on FaceTime, or a visit to their house...she loves her time with Mimi and Grandpa. 

Knowing that they moved up to Washington to be closer to Lindsay (my sister) and I gives me such comfort in day-to-day things. There such a safety and reassurance for me in having my parents close by. Living in a separate state from them for four years was tough for me! I'm not at all ashamed to say that I rely on seeing my parents often. 

So mom and dad....I can't thank you enough for being my biggest cheerleaders through life. You are both so amazing and I'm so happy to have you as my parents and friends! I love you so much more than I could ever begin to explain.



(Sorry this was so jumbled and if it seems as though I'm rambling. I'm tired and am battling a headache tonight...but I felt the need to get out what was going through my head) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment